k0nsl

Oct 3, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I have tried to find any information on the Attracta website on how to safely remove this software from the system completely but nothing on the site indicated any information on how to do this without screwing things up.

Manually editing everything to remove Attracta seems to be the only option because I have searched for ways to uninstall it in the traditional fashion (Softaculous offers a good way to uninstall) but came up with zero results. There was a PDF that indicated how to remove it, but access to it was denied:
/https://helpdesk.wiredtree.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=pdfexport&kbarticleid=1698

I don't need this and will never use it. I'll leave it at that because I don't intend to offend anybody involved with this company.

-k0nsl

KostonConsulting

Verifed Vendor
Jun 17, 2010
San Francisco, CA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but I have not tried this:
Code:
/usr/local/cpanel/bin/manage_features disable attracta
I assume it merely disables the Apache module associated with Attracta. Correct?

Regards,

-k0nsl
This disables the Apache module, any related cron tasks and removes the Attracta UI from WHM and cPanel. It will essentially make Attracta disappear from the system.

KostonConsulting

Verifed Vendor
Jun 17, 2010
San Francisco, CA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There is no such file or directory.
/scripts/attracta/uninstall-attracta is a symlink to /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/attracta/scripts/uninstall-attracta in newer versions. In older versions, you'll need to use the /u/l/c location.

As there are a number of different components to the Attracta integration, it's definitely recommended to use the uninstall-attracta script to ensure everything is cleaned up fully.