how to compress when provider doenst allow compression

shanalikhan

Registered
Jan 14, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi ,
i want to compress website , my provider doenst allow compress in my hosting account in cpanel. how i can compress the html pages and php pages.
thanks

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

I believe you are referring to the "Optimize Website" option in cPanel under "Home >> Software/Services >> Optimize Website". This option is only available if your hosting provider has mod_deflate enabled, and has allowed the use of the feature. It's not possible to access this feature without the cooperation of your web hosting provider.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
You can not install that type of software without root access to the system. You could always consult with the developer of the script you are using to see if it can be optimized in some way if you are having trouble with the script loading properly.

Thank you.

shanalikhan

Registered
Jan 14, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
i heard there is funtion in PHP of ob_gzhandler to put in every page in order to compress that page.
can i use that code in order to compress the pages even the provider didnt allow

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
There is no benefit if Apache gzip compression or mod_deflate is not enabled by your hosting provider.

Thank you.