The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to configure a filter for blind copy from one domain user to another one?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by George23, Jun 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. George23

George23 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi Guys,

I'd like to configure one email account of my domain with a blind copy filter, so that when that account sends an email, a blind copy of that email would also be sent/forwarded/copied to my own mailbox. The hosting provider is using v64.0.29 of cPanel, and when I'm looking at my filter options in my cPanel interface, I can only see the following 6 options:

Discard Message
    Redirect to Email
    Fail With Message
    Stop Processing Rules
    Deliver to Folder
    Pipe to a Program

(see the attached screenshot)

Is there any way to add the option "Blind Copy to" to this list somehow? Maybe it is an option in cPanel except this option was removed from the interface by the server admin?

Or, is any part of this Filter resides in the user's root folder where I could modify some config file?

I asked the tech support for advice today and I was told, that they are not there to do any programming, they're just using whatever comes with cPanel.

I'm not trying to hack any system here, just want to know how difficult it would be to add this feature to my user account - for them, and maybe forward them your advice.

I'd appreciate any useful advice.

- Removed -

#1 George23, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You'd have to setup a custom Exim system filter to achieve this, which isn't possible without root access to the server. Instead, you may want to consider using the Archive feature if your hosting provider has enabled it:

Archive - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

3. George23

George23 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi Michael,

I just checked, the "Archive" option in the email admin panel isn't available. Would it be too difficult to add the requested option to the pull down menu of the Filters interface?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

There would still need to be feature control of the "Archive" functionality, and your provider could still disable it. I recommend reaching out to your web hosting provider to see if they can enable the feature on your account.

Thanks!