May 1, 2019
Netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi there!

I run a HWM + Cpanel installation. Both are accessible at lets say "exampledomain.com". I am calling this my base domain for easy use.

I bought this domain at a domain seller (Schocker).

Now my question is..
What would be the correct configuration/DNS records to properly point the default nameservers (ns1.exampledomain.com and ns1.exampledomain.com) to my server, and have other domains be able to use them aswell.

I've tried:
A records pointing at the ip of exampledomain.com for ns1 and ns2
NS records pointing at the ip of exampledomain.com for ns1 and ns2

A records resulted in "One or more of your nameservers did not return any of your NS records."
NS records resulted in " ERROR: Some of your DNS servers do not have A records at all. I could not find any A records for the following DNS servers:" (checked on intodns.com)

I have however setup A records within WHM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

May 1, 2019
Netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
So, I have tried what was said in the documentation and followed every step. I have followed the "configure via WHM interfaces"
Sadly, im still getting errors while trying to use the nameservers:

- ERROR: One or more of your nameservers did not respond: The ones that did not respond are: ns1.exampledomain.com, ns2.exampledomain.com
- You must have A records for all of your nameservers.

I have registered the nameservers with my registrar (namecheap) and they are listed there.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Stefan Jilderda,

Can you verify where you are seeing the "ERROR: One or more of your nameservers did not respond" error message?

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Stefan Jilderda,

It's possible you are seeing old (cached) data on that website. Can you try accessing the website in a browser and seeing if it loads? If not, feel free to open a support ticket and we can take a closer look.

Thank you.