The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Control Spam Email Filter?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by PDG, Jul 19, 2004.

1. PDG

PDG Registered

Hi guys...

I'm an end-user of CpanelX. I don't have access to root but I would like to get a lot more stringent with the Spam that's entering. From what I understand, Cpanel uses SpamAssassin to check mail and give it a rating. Anything below a certain threshold is considered ok. My question...

As an End-User that only has access to "Email Filter" in cpanel, what type of filter can I use that will Discard all emails with a rating above 6. (I'm just using 6 as an example here).

By default, my provider uses "$h_X-Spam-Status: begins "Yes" to filter out mail but it just isn't enough.I read somewhere that you can use the script below...Can you please confirm or deny this? Also, what number is the best?

$message_headers contains "X-Spam-Level: ******

I'm really trying to curb this problem without having to resort to a C/R solution like si20.com

Many, many thanks,

Jesus

#1 PDG, Jul 19, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2004
  2. bigjohn

bigjohn Well-Known Member

3. PDG

PDG Registered

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the link. I didn't even think about running a cron job. I'll test it out and report back in a few days.