How to copy a WHM account

tehsinjan

Registered
Apr 5, 2007
When I try to copy all my accounts in a WHM I receive the following message:
Fetching Domain Information... The remote server 74.222.1.120 unexpectedly terminated the connection. (wrong port or connection not allowed from this server?)
Trace Output: (ssh: connect to host 72.29.95.142 port 22: Connection refused

sshdisconnectproblem
)
Done

BELOW IS THE LOG
Packaging the account... The remote server 72.29.95.142 unexpectedly terminated the connection. (wrong port or connection not allowed from this server?)
Trace Output: (ssh: connect to host 72.29.95.142 port 22: Connection refused

sshdisconnectproblem
)
Done

CAN ANY ONE GUIDE ME WHATS WRONG?
HOW TO COPY FROM OTHER WHM. I DONT HAVE ROOT ACESS THERE. I ONLY HAVE ACCESS TO RESELLER ACCOUNT THERE. HERE I HAVE ROOT ACCESS.

Last edited:

david510

Aug 22, 2004
Make a backup of the account from the remote cpanel, from the cpanel backup area. Download it to your local machine. Upload this backup file into /home of your new server. Login as root to the new server. Run this command to restore the account.

/scripts/restorepkg username

where username is the account username.

ramprage

Jul 21, 2002
Canada
sh: connect to host 72.29.95.142 port 22: Connection refused

WHM copy function works over SSH, you need to ensure the target system has the SSHD service running and you have the right port specified.

brianoz

Mar 13, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I don't use ssh for copying these, I don't trust the remote host not to grab my ftp password - paranoia I know, they're not really out to get me!

What I do:

Go into the customer cpanel and make a full backup, wait for it to finish
Right-click "copy link" on the backup when finished
cd /home
wget (PASTE)
Go to WHM "Restore a Full backup/cpmove"
enter the account name and press go

This works very reliably. The alternative, WHM Copy account can be very unreliable for some reason, not sure why. I haven't tested out WHM Reseller's copy account but that would be another option if you're not root on your server.