The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to copy just one site?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rastoma, Jul 6, 2002.

1. rastoma

rastoma Well-Known Member

I'm trying to move all accounts from one machine to another and i have one account with a LOT of email accounts that fails during the transfer (doing account copy function in WHM). what do i need to copy over manually to move that one account and all users/addresses/password?

2. rastoma

rastoma Well-Known Member

can u help with these question please nick?

3. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Just tar up the whole user directory and wget it to the new location, and untar it.

Then get valiases file and filters file and move it too. The only thing that won't be moved is mailing lists, databases, and the control panel password. Everything else should work.

You could try to go the old server and use the cpanel back up option to download the recent backup, db backups, and the mail aliases and filters. Then go to the new server and use the cpanel backup feature to restore the account. This might work. I have had times when it would time out, but I would just keep trying and it would finally go thorugh.