The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to copy one file to all cpanel accounst on single vps at once?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by T2CFNOW, Jan 24, 2012.

1. T2CFNOW

T2CFNOW Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Two commands would be needed:

Code:
    for i in `cat /etc/trueuserdomains | cut -d: -d' ' -f2-` ;do cp /pathtofile /home/$i/public_html ;done
    for i in `cat /etc/trueuserdomains | cut -d: -d' ' -f2-` ;do chown $i:$i /home/$i/public_html/filename ;done
    Replace pathtofile with the path to the file you are copying, and replace filename with the name fo the file. The first command performs the copy by obtaining a list of the account usernames on the machine. The second command chowns the file to the user.

3. madpato

madpato Active Member

HI

I am trying to do this but to all accounts belonging to a certain reseller i believe i should use /etc/trueuserowners for this but im not sure if the same rest of the command would be the same, something like:

Code:
    for i in `cat /etc/trueuserowners | grep reselleraccount | cut -d: -d' ' -f2-` ;do cp /pathtofile /home/$i/public_html ;done
    Thank you for help.

4. madpato

madpato Active Member

I figured it out its almost the same:

Code:
    for i in `cat /etc/trueuserowners | grep reselleraccount | cut -d':' -f1` ;do cp pathtofile /home/$i/public_html ;done
    for i in `cat /etc/trueuserowners | grep reselleraccount | cut -d':' -f1` ;do chown $i:$i /home/$i/public_html/filename ;done

I hope its useful for someone.

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please note that if you are want this to be done on new account creation, you should put the file into /root/cpanel3-skel/public_html directory and it will be created for all new accounts.

If you'd like to copy a file into all new reseller created accounts instead, you'd put the file into /home/username/cpanel3-skel/public_html (you'll have to create cpanel3-skel/public_html folders on that reseller user and here username is the reseller's username).