Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

New Thread How to create AddOn Domains using SSH

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by AzurelinkCP, Jun 14, 2019 at 2:53 PM.

1. AzurelinkCP

AzurelinkCP Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, What would be the method to create AddOn domains on a cPanel server using ssh?
    I need to have the server ignore the dns on the network for development work.

Details: I'm on a server running CENTOS 6.10 virtuozzo with WHM/cPanel v80.0.15.

This server is a development server on the Media Temple network. I am trying to create new AddOn domains for cPanel account on which there is a Joomla Multisite running. I used rsync to push copies of the multisite files to the development server, but in so doing, the server config was not copied so I am missing several AddOn domains to this cPanel ccount which don't yet exist on the development server and need to add them.

Long story sort, when I attempt to create the AddOn domain using cPanel's interface I get an error message saying that the domain dns already points to another server in the MT network — which is referring to the live production server.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Bruce

Or or would it be easier to replace the existing cPanel account and it's files/datbases with the source account? Links to method please?

#1 AzurelinkCP, Jun 14, 2019 at 2:53 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2019 at 3:25 PM