How to create InnoDB in cPanel

maxihost2

PartnerNOC
Feb 28, 2005
The table type is MyISAM as default, one of my users is wanting to create a InnoDB type table, how this can be done ?

S

Secret Agent

I can duplicate this. I cannot find the option in phpmyadmin and I'm using the latest version of cpanel/mysql

Where can InnoDB be enabled?

AndyReed

PartnerNOC
May 29, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
Secret Agent said:
I can duplicate this. I cannot find the option in phpmyadmin and I'm using the latest version of cpanel/mysql

/etc/my.cnf

S

Secret Agent

That means what exactly? Am we supposed to guess what goes in there? Please be specific at least.

webignition

Jan 22, 2005
Secret Agent said:

When you create a new database table in phpmyadmin, you first enter the table name and the number of fields and then proceed to another page where you choose the names and properties of the fields.

It is on the same page that you choose the table type. Below the field properties, just to the right of the table comments box is a drop-down menu labelled "Table type", from which you can choose:

MyISAM
MERGE
HEAP
MEMORY
InnoDB
ISAM

You can also migrate between table types after a table has been created. When viewing a specific table, select the 'Operations' table and you will see again a select-menu labelled "Table type" which again give you the same choices as above.

These options are present for me in phpmyadmin 2.6.4-pl2 and have been present within phpmyadmin for as long as I can remember, which would be coming up to five years.

S

Secret Agent

I only see these:

MyISAM
MERGE
HEAP
MEMORY
ISAM

What is the proper way to install/enable Innodb?