The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to create reseller account with 2 ip's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hulkster, Nov 9, 2004.

1. hulkster

hulkster Registered

I want to setup reseller accounts with 2 ip's. The first ip will be used for the first nameserver along with the site's main ip address. The second ip will be used for the second nameserver along with the reseller's resold accounts.

My take on this is in the reseller center, under manage ip delegation, I restrict the ip the reseller can use to his first ip. Then under manage main/shared ipless ip, select the second ip since that's will be the ip his resold accounts will be under.

Is there anyway where when someone types in the second ip in their browser, instead of showing the first site created on the reseller's account, it can forward or show the resellers website which is on the first ip?

Also, for show/edit reserved ip's, do I reserve the two ip's in there? I am told that if you reserve the ip's, you won't be able to setup any accounts since cpanel does not let you setup accounts with ip's that are reserved. Is this correct? Or should I still reserve the two ip's?