The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to customize Paper Lantern Roundcube interface?

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by stormy, May 29, 2015.

1. stormy

stormy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have a simple question. With Paper Lantern, after logging in to webmail, this URL is loaded:
    /webmail/paper_lantern/?login=1

This loads an iframe and the webmail client is loaded inside it. This poses some problems that are being discussed elsewhere.

My question is: Can I modify the URL that is loaded? i.e change it from /webmail/paper_lantern/?login=1 to /3rdparty/roundcube/index.php

If not - how can I customize RoundCube with a frame-busting javascript so it breaks out of the iframe when loaded? I know which code I need to use, but not where to place it and prevent cPanel from overwriting it.

2. stormy

stormy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm going to answer my second question. The place to add the frame-busting script would be here: /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/skins/larry/includes

You need to go through the whole Roundcube customization process:
    https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+to+Customize+Roundcube+Webmail

However, if you do this, you lose the stuff that is in the new navbar. No easy solution.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator