How to delete or modify Host Entry from WHM

imrans

Jan 29, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello everyone,

I am searching for help every where to delete or modify Host entry in WHM but no where found any results/solution.
(WHM >> Home >> DNS Functions >> Add an A Entry for Your Hostname)

I have added this entry and now wanted to delete this entry or change the IP address for this entry but unfortunately I could not found any way . I have changed my Hosts file in /etc/hosts but in WHM it is still showing the same old entry .

can someone or Cpanel support team help me in this .

Thank you

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
If you want to change the A record for your hostname you'll need to go to WHM>>DNS Functions>>Edit DNS Zone -> Domain and modify the IP address associated with the corresponding A record.

imrans

Jan 29, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello Lauren,

Seems like you did not understand the question, I am talking about the Host entry in WHM which is not showing anywhere in any Zone , wanted to change the Host Entry showing in Cpanel . Please check the screenshot attached and advise .

Thank you

Attachments

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Actually, I understood the question just fine. The issue is that you can't have a host entry without a DNS zone file, so the DNS zone file must exist, either the entry is included in the zone file for the root of the subdomain or it has its own. From there you can change the IP address associated with it.

You can also change the IP from the screen you've screenshot but inputting whatever IP you'd like and then clicking Add Entry