The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Delete the files from public_html?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yemulss, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Yemulss

Yemulss Registered

Hello,
    Few days before I have installed Joomla 1.5 on cPanel but now I want to install Joomla 1.0.15 on cPanel. I have tried with Fantastico but it getting the error like 'Installtion cannot be deleted please delete the files manually'.

I tried to delete the data manually. But it is not deleting.

Please give the suggestion how to delete the files from public_html on cPanel
    your advice will be appriciable.
    Regards,
    Yemulss

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Did you installed Joomla 1.5 manually? If yes, just remove the files using Ftp and remove the database from cPanel >> Mysql Databases section. If you are unable to delete the files for some reason, you will have to ask your host to delete them for you.

3. bigal

bigal Member

The directories and files are installed by webscript with web service group and user permission. You can delete by using web script with web browser using PHP recursive calls of unlink() function.

4. thewebhostingdi

thewebhostingdi Well-Known Member

You will have to remove the file manually by login to your public_html folder and then after you will have to remove the joomla directory from .fantasticodata and then you can try to install the new version of joomla and have a try.

5. mickbeng

mickbeng Well-Known Member

If you installed through fantastico but not able to uninstall from fantastico, do the step as below.

1. Remove the web file from public_html (for your case).
    2. Look to the .fatasticodata folder from user root folder.
    3. open installed_in_root.php file, remove the value as below where domain.com is your domain name.
    $installed_in_root["domain.com"] = 1;
    4. Go to Joomla_1.5 folder, open domain.com file, you shall see the value as below where domain_jo151 is your database name.
    $thisdb = "domain_jo151";
    5. Remove domain.com file.
    6. Go to cPanel and select the database, remove the database from database section.

6. DigitalLinx

DigitalLinx Member

The installation files sometimes get locked from being deleted, due to some changes in the permissions, and this instead stops the files from being deleted when you try to upgrade the Joomla script.
    So when that problem occurs, you can delete the Joomla files manually from the file manager and then the upgrade can happen from fantastico. If it still doesn't allow to upgrade, then its better to manually upload the new version files through the file manager.

7. elderf

elderf Registered

I have this problem Whit Joomla 1.5 Instalation

I have this problem but I understand the value they extract

The file is so

<?
    $installed_in_root["domain.com"] = 1;$installed_in_root["proyectos.domain.com"] = 1;
    ?>

which file should I modify?

8. mickbeng

mickbeng Well-Known Member

It is depend if you want to remove domain.com or proyectos.domain.com, but do not remove both if you want to keep track through fantastico.