The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deploy my war file (website) in cPanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by azizmb, Jan 9, 2014.

1. azizmb

azizmb Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

I'm a beginner and I have created my website using Java EE - Eclipse. I used Apache Tomcat v7 server. I decided to go online and I bought a web hosting service from GoDaddy. I have access to the cPanel now and I know how to make one html page online by adding it to the public_html folder. My question is how can I make my website that I created and I have in a war file be online. Where should I upload the war file exactly? Is there anything I need to install first? Detailed answers please.

- - - Updated - - -

I created my website with Java servlets to be clear.

2. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Depends what service you have with godaddy, they stopped providing java support to shared hosting a while back so unless you have an old account you likely won't have it. If you have a server with them there is information in their knowledge base, either way you might be better off contacting them directly, whether for advice or a refund.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can find information about WAR files at:

How to deploy Java applications

However, you will need to consult with your web hosting provider to see if they offer this service.

Thank you.

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You first need to ask your host if they offer Tomcat. Not all hosts run Tomcat on their servers. If your host does offer Tomcat, your host can help you deploy your application.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It's explained here:

How to deploy Java applications

Feel free to review that document and let us know if you have any questions. Note that your hosting provider must allow you to utilize this service. Please contact them and ensure it's possible before proceeding.

Thank you.

6. azizmb

azizmb Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    This is the answer to my question from GoDaddy: All hosting accounts purchased after 7/11/2011 do not support Java. Existing accounts with Java enabled are not affected by this update — unless you manually disable Java. Once disabled, there you cannot re-enable Java.

- - - Updated - - -

[updated] This is the answer to my question from GoDaddy: All hosting accounts purchased after 7/11/2011 do not support Java. Existing accounts with Java enabled are not affected by this update — unless you manually disable Java. Once disabled, there you cannot re-enable Java.