The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Disable Apache Restart After KillAcct

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by JonathanLIVE, Jan 17, 2009.

1. JonathanLIVE

JonathanLIVE Well-Known Member

I have thousands of accounts that I need to delete.

Everytime apache restarts with the thousands of sites on each server, it takes a good 10-15 seconds for apache to restart.

I need to be able to run killacct without apache restarting after it removes the records, so that once I have finished running through all the sites, I can simply restart apache once and not cause literally a full day of downtime while cpanel is constantly restarting Apache.

Please don't tell me Apache will restart fast enough and I should not worry about it. I had a good 3 days of downtime while I was creating these accounts.. I know what I am talking about here is a real issue.

Please let me know how to stop apache from being restarted with every killacct.

Thanks

2. Kailash1

Kailash1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Instead of terminating one by one account, I would suggest to use terminate multiple accounts feature of WHM. I think in this option Apache will not restart on each domain termination. (But I am not sure)

Kailash

3. JonathanLIVE

I'm talking about 1000s of accounts.

There is no way I am going to sit there clicking thousands of times on every single account. In my experience, CPanel ends up crashing the browser anyways with mass deletes of hundreds of sites.

Just so you know, yes, apache does get restarted with the process just the same.... WHM uses the same killacct, just with a pretty point and click for you to specify accounts.

It is far more practically to build a list of users and bash script that will run one after the other with a Y entered in between. That takes me maybe 5 minutes while the point and click of thousands.. well.. I don't have a day(s) to waste.

C'mon Cpanel... there has to be a way to do this... little help?

4. JonathanLIVE

There is no way to terminate accounts without restarting Apache with Cpanel?