The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to disable chkservd from sending notification emails?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Arun, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Arun

Arun Active Member

I would like to have chkservd restart services when it is detected down as it is doing now. However I do not want it to send the failed/restarted email when it restarts a service. Would it be possible to disable the notification email alone for services enabled in chkservd?

2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

It is not possible to stop receiving the notification for the particular services. Though if you would like to do this then you can uncheck the option (chkservd) from the WHM --> Service Manager.

Note :- If you disable the chkservd option from the monitoring you will not receive notification but you will need to restart the service manually as it will not restart the service automatically.

3. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

You can also put in a filter in your notification email account to filter out the messages received from chkservd.

If you want to get technical, you can go into the program and disable the notice email messages but it's more trouble than it's worth and really beyond the scope of posting in here unless you are very comfortable in the shell environment.

It is much easier to just block the messages on the receiving end and that is what I actually do with my own notice messages and simply setup a filter to trap the message and automatically delete them so that I never receive the messages for ones I consider lowest priority.

Speaking of low priority, you can also change the notification settings in WHM to send to instant message or other updates to help with that as well.

#3 Spiral, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009