Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED How to disable cPanel cache

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by KrasniyRus, Aug 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. KrasniyRus

KrasniyRus Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello community,

After the latest update of cPanel to version 66.0.10, I am experiencing an issue with the cPanel cache. Problem is the following:

When, I access the WHM and click on any menu, I am being logged out and see the "401 Authorization" cPanel page. After entering the root password, I am logged into the WHM again. On second click on the menu, I wanted initially to visit I am being logged out on the default WHM login page. After third authentication, I am able to access the menu.

I have already contacted the cPanel support team and they provided the following temporary fix:

mv /var/cpanel/caches/ /var/cpanel/caches_old && service cpanel restart

This indeed fix the issue, however in 24 hours, I have to perform this several times and it is quite annoying.

Does anybody encounter the same problem? Do we have other fix, which will last for more time, until the next cPanel version is out and fix this problem?

Any thoughts are well appreciated, thank you in advance!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @KrasniyRus,

Internal case CPANEL-14475 will address an issue where accessing the links on the left navigation menu within WHM can result in the "HTTP error 401 Security Token" error message when the security token changes. A resolution is expected before cPanel 66 reaches the "Release" build tier. You can monitor the cPanel 66 change log to see when the resolution is published:

66 Change Log - Change Logs - cPanel Documentation

In the meantime, the workaround command you referenced will need to be ran each time you encounter the issue.

Thank you.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

To update, the resolution is included with cPanel version 66.0.13:

Fixed case CPANEL-14475: Generate a new template stash when cp_security_token changes.

The full cPanel version 66 change log is available at the following URL:

66 Change Log - Change Logs - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.