How to disable direct access to mailbox from cPanel

Kozaks

Registered
Apr 13, 2021
Polska
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, it is possible to disable direct login to mailbox from cpanel? Can I do so that authorization is required?
What if I order the configuration of e.g. dns to the administrator and I do not want him to have access to mailboxes.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! This question comes up every so often, and the answer is always "no, because it would provide an illusion of security." More details on that can be found here:

If you need to provide someone with cPanel access, that person should be someone you trust with the content of the entire account.

Kozaks

Registered
Apr 13, 2021
Polska
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If this question comes up every so often maybe it's a time to introduce a account privilege levels?
Why someone which i hire to update site could have access to webmail. It's ridiculous.

Kozaks

Registered
Apr 13, 2021
Polska
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
What needs to happen for you to have this on your to-do list?
We want to build a hosting empire.
We cannot afford to let the lowest-level employees from the customer service office have access to customer mailboxes.
What other solution can you suggest us?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
At this time, user levels are not something that is on our roadmap.

I would recommend not allowing any user to have access to cPanel that should not have access to the data on the account. The cPanel user would have access to all data, whether through changing the password, direct access through the link you mentioned, or by checking files on the command line or through File Manager. That access should only be given to trusted users. That security, in combination with ensuring you have good backups in place, will keep things working well.