The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to display text for cpanel shared accounts.

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by littohouston, Jan 3, 2010.

1. littohouston

littohouston Member

My Problem.
    I need a notice showing on the cpanel for shared hosting accounts that are created by the root account (user "root"). Resellers must not see this notice in their cpanel and nither should the shared accounts that they resell. Just the shared accounts that i create.

Progress.
    I currently managed to get it to display for only cpanel shared users and not resellers only thing is that if a reseller creates a cpanel account it shows up on the clients cpanel.

Question.
    How do i limit it so that its just showing in the root users cpanel shared hosting accounts?

Thanks In Advance.
    Thank you very much in advance i gave it a try so hopefully you understand i tryied and help me finish it.

#1 littohouston, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  2. littohouston

littohouston Member

Any ideas anybody?

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    This can be accomplished using the built-in News functionality, via the following area in WHM:
    WHM: Main >> cPanel >> Modify cPanel/WHM News
    Documentation: Modify cPanel/WHM News

To display a notice to only accounts owned by you, (i.e., the root or reseller user currently logged into WHM), it is the following that should be used:
    cPanel News (displayed in all of your customers cPanels):

4. littohouston

littohouston Member

Yes i know this function. but what i am looking for is to display code elsewhere on my clients cpanel. i managed to get it to only show the for cpanel users but it still shows the code if a reseller creates a standard hosting account under their name is their a way i can make it show for only my clients cpanel accounts. This is so that the cpanel and whmcs bridge mod only shows for clients that are created by me thierfor they must have an account in my whmcs billing system. My resellers clients wont have an account in my whmcs so the links will not work. can you please help?

5. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    I'm not familiar with the WHMCS "bridge mod" -- what method is used to display that in cPanel?

I would also check with the developer of the "bridge mod" to ask what solution they can suggest.

6. littohouston

littohouston Member

ok so you do not know how to put the following function into valid code that will work on cpanel

if is not reseller and account owner is equal to root do code.

i need the above put translated into code that will work in cpanel.