The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to display webpage in browser??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ball3, Oct 20, 2004.

1. ball3

ball3 Registered

Hi,totally new and very noob on this cpanel stuff.

I try to make webpages i Frontpage and then publish them on an external server,but I always get the error message "500 Internal Server Error
    Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@xxxxxx.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.xxxxxx.net Port 80" when i try,and I am not able to fix this problem myself,and just can't seem to figure it out by reading previous posts i this forum,though there are loads of them (I don't know what log in as root etc etc means)

Therefor I tried uploading it by ftp,and managed to find the files in my File Manager in cpanel,and then move them to the folder "public_html",but on a webbrowser my webpage still just displays the typical "Index of /" and some folders.

So my question is,how the heck do I publish the Frontpage files??

I also tried to install phpWebsite just to try it out,but then i get the message "You chose to install in the main directory of the domain xxxxxx.net, but there are conflicting filenames, therefore we can not proceed. Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain xxxxxx.net (path="/home/xxxxxx/public_html/").You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation:
    images

2. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
  3. ball3

ball3 Registered

I'm not sure where to find which version I run,but under general server information it says "cPanel Build 9.4.1-STABLE 65" and "cPanel Pro 0.9.9.2 (RC8)".

4. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Ouch pal..Time to upgrade like....pronto.

In WHM go into "Update Config" make sure MANUAL RELEASE is chosen (or AUTO RELEASE if you'd rather not have to worry about the upgrades)

Save that, then scroll down to the bottom of the menu, click on "upgrade to latest version"

Should be:

https://server.ip:2087/scripts2/upcpform

Just replace server ip with your server IP.

5. AbsolutelyFreeW

AbsolutelyFreeW Active Member

probably you dont have a index.html, or your web server is configured to have another file for that. check that in your .htaccess file. you can also do it by try and error, make index.htm, index.html, default.htm, default.html, index.php.. you will find it eventually. if not ask your host

also the program you are trying to install. befire installing, change your directory called 'images' to somthing else..

hope this helps