cPanel & WHM Version
v90.0.8

ctyler

Jan 22, 2018
Michigan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Good afternoon.
I have a customer that has 3 different websites, domains and cPanel accounts. They want to cancel 2 cPanel accounts and redirect those domains to the third. What would be the best way to do a 301 redirect? Or at least redirect them without taking an SEO penalty?

Any help would be appreciated.

ctyler

Jan 22, 2018
Michigan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@cPanelLauren , Thank you for updating my title (how embarrassing)

Just to clarify. I have three domains a.com, b.com, and c.com on separate cPanel accounts. I want a.com and b.com to redirect to c.com and remove those cPanel accounts.

So if I log into c.com, I cannot redirect a.com or b.com to c.com because they are under different accounts.

In order to redirect, a.com and b.com, I would need to log into those accounts and set up the redirect there. If that is the case, what happens to the redirect once I remove the a.com and b.com cPanel accounts?

Handssler Lopez

Apr 30, 2019
Guatemala
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@cPanelLauren , Thank you for updating my title (how embarrassing)

Just to clarify. I have three domains a.com, b.com, and c.com on separate cPanel accounts. I want a.com and b.com to redirect to c.com and remove those cPanel accounts.

So if I log into c.com, I cannot redirect a.com or b.com to c.com because they are under different accounts.

In order to redirect, a.com and b.com, I would need to log into those accounts and set up the redirect there. If that is the case, what happens to the redirect once I remove the a.com and b.com cPanel accounts?
In this case the redirect is lost since when you delete the accounts you delete all the content including the .htacces where the 301 redirect is created

It is somewhat rough but you can
- add the domains a.com and b.com in cpanel c.com as additional
- in a.com and b.com create .htaccess and add the following line

redirectMatch 301 ^(.*)$ https://c.com

** remember to change c.com for the correct domain
*** This is only to redirect any domain links not emails