The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to do mailonly setup by whm

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by hiisp, Nov 14, 2002.

1. hiisp

hiisp Member

Dear All

May i create a mailonly account , and desable account ftp access by whm , I just want clients only has mail service .. How to do this ?

2. hiisp

hiisp Member

Please someone can tell me how to do that ? Please ..

3. Juanra

Juanra Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's possible but it's been suggested before:
    http://web.cpanel.net/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=910

4. jcsolutions

jcsolutions Well-Known Member

[quote:0876a69c9b][i:0876a69c9b]Originally posted by hiisp[/i:0876a69c9b]
    May i create a mailonly account , and desable account ftp access by whm , I just want clients only has mail service .. How to do this ? [/quote:0876a69c9b]
    I'm still new to WHM, but couldn't you just create a new plan/account with 0 ftp accounts, 0 database, etc, and uncheck frontpage, cgi, shell access, etc.? You could set it up with the 'mailonly' cpanel theme. This only allows access to the mail functions.

I was after a email only account as well. This is what I did and it seems to work fine... unless I'm missing something.

5. hiisp

hiisp Member

[quote:3a1979c56c][i:3a1979c56c]Originally posted by jcsolutions[/i:3a1979c56c]
    I'm still new to WHM, but couldn't you just create a new plan/account with 0 ftp accounts, 0 database, etc, and uncheck frontpage, cgi, shell access, etc.? You could set it up with the 'mailonly' cpanel theme. This only allows access to the mail functions.

I was after a email only account as well. This is what I did and it seems to work fine... unless I'm missing something.[/quote:3a1979c56c]

I has try it , But Account still has FTP Access .. whm will setup account access into proftpd..

6. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

Just add the usernames of the mail-only accounts to /etc/ftpusers (each on a separate line) and they will no longer have FTP access.

Regards,
    Norman

7. Shikha

Shikha Member

Yes, this can be possible easily with using Cpanel Mail-only theme. Create new account with this theme and all done.

Thanks.

Shikha

8. hiisp

hiisp Member

[quote:8486f1aa89][i:8486f1aa89]Originally posted by moronhead[/i:8486f1aa89]

Just add the usernames of the mail-only accounts to /etc/ftpusers (each on a separate line) and they will no longer have FTP access.

Regards,
    Norman[/quote:8486f1aa89]

:p :p thanks moronhead :)