The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to do this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by helmishariff, May 7, 2007.

1. helmishariff

helmishariff Member

Hi, by default cpanel will create user folder in /home. So, if I have added extra hard disk, let say mounted on /disk2. How I want to create new users in /disk2 instead of /home ? Any guide?

2. hergy80

hergy80 Well-Known Member

In WHM -> Basic cPanel/WHM Setup, there are 2 boxes, there is your 'Default Home Directory' which is /home and under that is 'Home Directory Prefix' where you can specify the home directory prefex.

For the default home directory it says :Enter the location where you wish for new users' home directories to be created. By default all directories matching the "Home Directory Prefix" are checked for available disk space and the directory with the most free space will be used." So you can add an additional /home2 mount which would be checked if your Default Prefix box has home in it. So it doesn't guarantee where it will go, but it will use the one with the most free space, which I would figure your new drive would have the most.

#2 hergy80, May 7, 2007
    Last edited: May 7, 2007
  3. helmishariff

helmishariff Member