Hello today when I setup my VPS I installed perl 5.10.1 but I need perl 5.8.8,

how can we downgrade perl on VPS having CENTOS 6.5 x86_64

waiting for urgent reply.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

It's important to understand that cPanel & WHM servers include multiple Perl environments. Please ensure you review the following document to better understand how it works:

Perl Environments and Modules

Thank you.

ayankhan

Sep 8, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello :)

It's important to understand that cPanel & WHM servers include multiple Perl environments. Please ensure you review the following document to better understand how it works:

Perl Environments and Modules

Thank you.
Thanks I gone through the link you provided and another question pop up in my mind is that when will perl 5.8.8 vanish means to say in past their was a perl version 5.6.1 and now its not available for installation, when will this happen with 5.8.8. when will its life ends?

Thanks.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Thanks I gone through the link you provided and another question pop up in my mind is that when will perl 5.8.8 vanish means to say in past their was a perl version 5.6.1 and now its not available for installation, when will this happen with 5.8.8. when will its life ends?
The EOL date doesn't always correspond with when it's no longer used or made available. Since you are on CentOS 6, I'd advise keeping the version of the Perl binary included with your OS (Perl 5.10). What's not working with this version that will work on 5.8.8?

Thank you.