The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to downgrade to prev. PHP version?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3amp, Jul 29, 2004.

1. 3amp

3amp Member

How do I downgrade from 4.3.8 to 4.3.2? I am aware that 4.3.8 has all kind of security fixes and bugfixes, however - on all of my servers some accounts have Postnuke installed which is having major issues with this version for some reason. So my question is, how do I downgrade - can this be done with easyapache and if not, does anyone know a good guide so that I do not mess up the php support/apache?

If there are members here that solved the issues with Postnuke 0.723 and 0.726 and PHP v. 4.3.8 (or have good experiences with PN and php 5) please let me know your findings...

Thanks,

Stepan

2. OCX

OCX Well-Known Member

can ya post what the issue/error is..would be helpfull in anwsering to your problem

3. OCX

OCX Well-Known Member

and to anwser your downgrade question..

you wouldhave to downgrade cpanel then recomplie with an older version of php
    which isnt very smart..not something id do for my clients just because a few are havin some issues..i rather them wait for a fix or contact postnuke and let them know the bug/issue then open my server up for a possible attack over some open sourced script..

4. 3amp

3amp Member

Well thing is that I don't get any debug output... so I have no clue what could be wrong. I've searched the PN site but no info is there, strange because I've reports from other users having trouble with PN/php4.3.8

Stepan

5. zentity

zentity Well-Known Member

I think the users need to upgrade their Postnuke installations by the sound of things - The latest versions of Postnuke have security fixes and resolve an issue that they had since version 4.3.6 i think.

You don't want to be downgrading your php for that reason I wouldn't say, check their versions and have them upgrade their software if needed.