The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Edit 3 Pages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StartYourServer, Mar 7, 2009.

1. StartYourServer

StartYourServer Registered

I am interested in setting up custom pages for the following:

Error Pages (403, 404, etc.)

Suspended Account Page - I don't want it to say "Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible."

Default New Account Page - When a new account is created on cPanel and user goes to that domain I want it to display page until whoever owns that domain changes it and adds their own website.

Please be as specific as possible when explaining how to do this.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

#1 StartYourServer, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Easy answer, login to your cPanel, click the Error Pages link there and create your error pages using those tools provided. Saving the file saves them to the root of that account you're logged into. You might want to make them all and then add them to this directory as well:

Home/root/cpanel3-skel/public_html/

When root creates and account they'll be copied to the account he creates.

2 answers here. For the root of the server Suspended page, (if root user handles account users) edit via WHM. Open WHM, start typing Suspend in the top left search tool and in the results that come up, choose Modify Suspended Account Page.

Or, if your server uses a reseller account, (Suggested instead of root user managing accounts) Login via FTP to that resellers account and find the directory:
    /home/reselleramehere/public_html/suspended.page/
    And add your page there. Or copy the one from WHM and edit as you like.

Still in that resellers account via FTP go to this directory:

/home/resellersnamehere/cpanel3-skel/public_html/

And add there whatever you like.

Suggested: All error pages you can create in cPanel, a favicon, and index.html and a robots.txt (as a bare minimum) Without these, accounts generate errors for missing files as bots and visitors access the site. Those errors can fill log files you'd rather be watching for real problems. [IMHO]

I also add a readme.txt file here with a few tips to get the user started, and explain that they can edit or replace any of these files but that they should remain on the account to prevent errors in thier logs.

One last tip, this is a great file manager that can be accessed via WHM.
    http://www.configserver.com/cp/cse.html

That should get you started, good luck.

#2 Infopro, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009