Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to edit exim configuration so it do not reveal "Received: from" in headers?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by postcd, Aug 17, 2017.

1. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Hello,

at cpanel server A i am executing a PHP script which is using cpanel server B SMTP to actualy send the e-mail.

and when i receive that e-mail and look into headers, i see the hostname and IP of the server on which is hosted that PHP script. I would like not to show this information in headers for the server A, only for server B.

I looked into cPanelWHM server B / Exim advanced configuration and tried to add thing like:

into TRANSPORTSTART and TRANSPORTMIDLE textareas, but shows various errors.

Someone else also mentioned this:

but i have not tried as i look for advice from you if this is correct and where exactly add it in WHM exim advanced config page.

Please how to remove that "Received: from" from the headers of the e-mails that are sent on behalf of a remote server (server A), not via localhost (server B)? Maybe it is not good idea, i want this just for one e-mail sender domain/e-mail address. Thank You

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Thx, the person in that topic added following into his exim configuration:
    He mentions transport section of the exim conf.
    I tried to add it into the transportstart and transportmiddle in Exim configuration editor / Advanced
    but both failed at dry run with error: Exim configuration error: there are two transports called "remote_smtp"

and indeed, "remote_smtp" is visible in transport section, but i see no way to edit it in WHM / Exim configuration manager / Advanced.

Also i searched for "received_header_text" in Exim. conf. manager, but can not find it.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

This is unsupported, but here's an older thread on this topic you may find helpful:

/scripts/posteximup help

Thank you.