The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to edit HTTP header

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ActionRE, Nov 30, 2010.

1. ActionRE

ActionRE Registered

Hello,

I have performed several searches of the cPanel forums and have not been able to find a related thread.

I am using a 3rd party software called Sitemap Automator by RAGE Software. Running from my home PC it checks my website and creates a sitemap.xml with various data.

An important part of the data it tries to collect is the Last Modified Date of the web page, pulled from the HTTP Headers. After failing to get this important data several times, I located a header "viewer" on line, and it appears my headers do not include the Last Modified Date.

I asked my web host for help and they referred me here. Please note that I thoroughly went through my cPanel and my WHM and can not locate anywhere to edit this information.

I appreciate any help in advance!
    Victor

2. kbuser

kbuser Well-Known Member

Whoever your web host is either didn't listen to your issue or doesn't understand what cPanel is.

Headers:
    HTTP/1.1: Header Field Definitions

3. ActionRE

ActionRE Registered

Thanks for your detailed reply. I will be forwarding this to my webhost. Hopefully their tech will understand how to implement this.

With much appreciation,
    Victor