The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to edit max_file_uploads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sm9, Aug 27, 2010.

1. sm9

sm9 Active Member

Hi there,

I've just noticed from my phpinfo (5.2.14) that max_file_uploads is set to 20.

How can I edit this value?

I can't see a setting for it in WHM > Service Configuration > PHP Configuration Editor.

I'm getting the odd error when uploading images in batches to my CMS so would like to try adjusting this value in case it helps.

Thanks,

Stephen

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    What sort of errors are you getting?

3. sm9

sm9 Active Member

My upload batches generally work okay, but every 4-5 times, they seem to freeze part way through and I have to refresh the page to start again. This shouldn't be related to time or size though, and i have also uploaded 90 images wtihout issues.

i noticed a few errors in an error_log file in my account that had some of these errors:

PHP Warning: Maximum number of allowable file uploads has been exceeded in Unknown on line 0

This max_file_uploads was the only value in my phpinfo that I can't seem to find and change in WHM, to see if it makes any difference or not.

Thanks,

Stephen

#3 sm9, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  4. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Log into the server as root, run 'php -i |grep php.ini' without commas to get the path of php configuration file or search 'php.ini' in your phpinfo page that is loaded into the browser. You can edit this file to change the value.
    If you are running SuPHP, you can copy this file into your account where your script is located and edit the file copy instead of the main server configuration file. This is recommended to ensure you are not tweaking settings for all users where you only need to make a change for one.

5. sm9

sm9 Active Member

Thanks for your help with this, I'll give it a try.

Thanks,

Stephen