The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to edit new account details?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by client187, Sep 23, 2004.

1. client187

client187 Registered

When i create a new account how do i edit the deatails in the email that is sent to me?
    so all i have to do is look at the details make sure its right then forward it to the new client... saves me some time... dont have ta copy and paste you know what i mean... thanks!

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

If you're a reseller, my sig below won't be any good for you, but if it's your server, one of my scripts is to send an automatic welcome email for new accounts.

3. client187

client187 Registered

Hey squirrel, unfortunatley i have a resellers account but thanks for your input anyways, that would probably help some other folks... any resellers out there with an answer? please help...thanks!

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Problem is, only the server owner can change it. When an account is created, whether it's by the owner, or any reseller, the same script is used to create the account and send the email notices. Therefore modifications would have to be server wide.

There is a different option. You could create a forwarder email address for the address that the details are sent to, and have the forwarder be going to a perl script to take the data and reformat it to send an altered email.