The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to edit php.ini ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cLub2Share, May 27, 2005.

1. cLub2Share

cLub2Share Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Twitter:
    Hello

i'am newbie with this stuff as my manger is away for holiday and we need to edit the Mix min in php.ini .. but i dont no what programs we shold use as i know that my manger of the server he use Putty so i have download it.. but idont no what commants to open the php.ini and change the setting and save .. could anyone please help me

Thankyou :)

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Once you have used putty to connect to the server then you can edit the php.ini by using pico.

Before attempting to edit any file you should make a copy of it. cp /usr/local/lib/php.ini /usr/local/lib/php-original.ini

Assuming you are trying to edit the php.ini located at /usr/local/lib then the command would be pico -w /usr/local/lib/php.ini After making the changes you want then Ctrl-o will save the file and Ctrl-x will exit the editor.

For the changes to take effect you need to restart Apache.

3. ebinfo

ebinfo Active Member

What if the file pointed by phpinfo() does not seem to be the one to edit?

IE on phpinfo() ihave GD and DOMXML activated as extensions (they show in phpinfo())

But if i go in php.ini, both extensions i just named are commented with a ; in first character, so i wonder where are these coming from?