The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to enable frontpage extension for domain after install Custom mod_frontpage?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by garconcn, Aug 28, 2015.

1. garconcn

garconcn Well-Known Member

I've installed the mod_frontpage module and compiled EA. How to enable the Frontpage Extensions for a domain? In older cpanel server, there's several scripts to setup the Frontpage

/scripts/setupfp /scripts/setupfp4 /scripts/setupfp5

It's not in new server any more. I've try to access the FrontPage administration interface at http://www.example.com/_vti_bin/_vti_adm/fpadmcgi.exe, but it gave errors.

In https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/EA/Apache+Module:+FrontPage, it does say we can uninstall and reinstall the frontpage extensions, but how?

Uninstall and reinstall the FrontPage extensions on the affected account.

Here's my Apache build:

Server Version: Apache/2.2.31 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.31 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1
    (I knew FP is not supported by Microsoft and cpanel, but there's still lots of client using it.)

2. cPJacob

cPJacob cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi!

cPanel no longer supports FrontPage. You will need to install an older version of cPanel in order to do this with our software.

3. garconcn

garconcn Well-Known Member

How to install an older version of cpanel?

Thanks

4. cPJacob

cPJacob cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

You can install a brand new server and set CPANEL= to an older version. However those versions might no longer be on our mirrors, and thus you wouldn't be able to install them. cPanel doesn't really support FrontPage any longer, so I would recommend working with your clients to get them off of it.