The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to encrypt formmail submissions end-to-end?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ShirazDindar, Feb 16, 2007.

1. ShirazDindar

ShirazDindar Member

Wow, I'm finding it shockingly hard to figure this out.

I simply want to encrypt a formmail submission with PGP (or GPG) using the private key and have the recipient decrypt it with the public key.

I found the pgp5formmail.pl Perl script which is an enhancement of Matt's formmail which allows for just this. The problem is the script requires an executable called 'pgpe' on the server with which to encrypt the file. But on our Fedora Cpanel server there is no such executable. It's implied that it's part of PGP5 and up (at least). So I downloaded PGP6.8 international but it's not in there. In fact, I can't find an executable named 'pgpe' in any of the distributions.

What's going on here? Am I missing something obvious? Where can I get the PGP that this script is calling for? (see http://www.aota.net/PGPMailForm/readme.txt ) ... OR ... what else can I use to encrypt my formmails end-to-end? It seems strange to me that this should be so hard.

Your help will save me about a week of my life -- a few hours today, and 7 days at the end of it which otherwise will have been lost to stress. :(

A little older,

Shiraz

2. ShirazDindar

ShirazDindar Member

3. wa4fat

wa4fat Well-Known Member

Encrypted form mail

I'd be curious to know how it went with the commercial software you mentioned. I gather you may be using this for online commerce? Would you recommend these folks?