Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How to exclude a domain from beeing mail serviced?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by gdns, Nov 22, 2007.

1. gdns

gdns Active Member

Hi

we have a few users that use a combination of our services.

mainly it's a combination of an advanced mailservice, and a cpanel webservice that gives us the problem.

We need to have cpanel to detect when it's NOT mailserver for a given hosted domain, or even to deselect mailservice for a hosted/addon/parked domain.

so... the magic could be, if the MX records is set to another server, have an optin option for mailservice for the given domainname.

right now, we have a problem that mails sent to "other server" is delivered locally, eg

domain.com IN A <webserverip>
    domain.com IN MX <mailserver>.

if an email is sent by, eg smtp or php, it's delivered to <webserverip>, and not <mailserver>.. I want the server to respect the mx records, so all userdelivered email/mail from webserver/cpanel interface will be delivered useing MX records..

is this understandable/possible... ? :)

I used to fix this on my older plesk system by setting up an postfix to handle email sent from webserver.. Is there a better solution. eg an "main outgoing mailserver" setup sort of solution..

2. andyaav

andyaav Member

Hi,

I think you need to do it manually as follows.

Remove domain name from /etc/localdomains and add it in /etc/remotedomains

create the /etc/remotedomains if it not exist on server.

Anand

#2 andyaav, Nov 22, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2007