The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to exclude accounts from cpbackup?

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by sharmaine001, Jun 19, 2010.

1. sharmaine001

sharmaine001 Well-Known Member

I have a script running daily that computes for the total usage of all the accounts in my server

I am writing it in a file to keep track of it

Now I want to insert in my script that if the account is more than 5 GB, i will exclude that account from cpbackup

I know in scripts2/backupusers that i can select only the accounts that will be backed up by cpbackup

but is there a file or database that is being referenced by scripts2/backupusers? And how i can access this file in my script such that if the total usage of an account is > 5 GB, my script will exclude this account from scripts2/backupusers (select users in cpanel's "backup")

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

No, you will have to write down your own code. If you could paste the code you use to compute the total usage of an account, people here can write down the necessary code for you to exclude the accounts over 5GB.

3. sharmaine001

I just looped all the accounts from /home and use the php commands to compute for the total file size. IM using php code

Basically all i need to do is find out where cpbackup stores the records of which accounts are checked when you go to WHM - Backups - Select Users

4. sharmaine001

Found the file!

It's /etc/cpbackup-userskip.conf

Just put the cpanel username here per line and that's it