The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find Access Log Files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iced glare, Jan 12, 2004.

1. iced glare

iced glare Registered

How do I find my access web logs on my server? and it seems like the hits on my site keep resetting, why is that?

2. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Try /usr/local/apache/domlogs, here you will find all the access logs of apache. You can also get the raw access log of a particular website from inside its cpanel.

Not sure of the hits getting resetted, do you mean every month end ? If shows you hits of that month.

3. iced glare

iced glare Registered

how do i find that from the ftp? and i have a script on my site that pulls the hits from entries that have the most hits but then it seemed like the hits started over and I know i had more hits than that.

4. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You can't just like that. You can put up a cron job to copy the raw access log every now and then to a location accessible to the ftp user, and then get a copy. If you want to copy then just get it from the user cpanel, you can download the compressed raw access log from there.

As for hits etc, i advise you consult your stats, you should be able to find them inside cpanel.