The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find POP3 ssl certificate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deftech, Jan 18, 2006.

1. deftech

deftech Member

How do I know which certificate Pop3 ssl is using? My certificate is bad, and not trusted by clients, so I need to replace it, but I'm not sure where it's at? Any input would be greatly appreciated thank you.

2. wills

wills Well-Known Member

It is the cPanel certificate. So whatever you've setu for your cpanel server is what the POP or SMTP server would use.

Cheers

3. deftech

deftech Member

Thanks! I'm having trouble getting pop3 ssl to work right. Email clients keep saying the certificates aren't valid, because the host names don't match. Pain in the butt!

pop3 ssl works, but I always get messages that say it's not valid.

4. feijao

feijao Member

Hi,
    I have the exact same problem but can't find how to fix it.
    Any idea?

5. avijit

avijit Well-Known Member

Try enabling both the authentication in your mail clients. That should fix the issue..

6. deftech

deftech Member

Still same problem. While my clients CAN download via SSL, they complain the certificate is not trusted/valid/secure blah blah, my real problem is I can't get another program called Hexamail to download securely via SSL.

Hexamail is a POP3 downloader. It will not connect to POP3 ssl on my server because the certificate is bad. It times out. So while my clients work, sort of, my pop3 downloader does not.

Will buying a real signed certificate solve this? I still don't understand why my certificate is not valid. I have reset certificates in cpanel and it still says "destination host name does not match host name in certificate."