The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fix for Imagemagick & 4images Path Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eglwolf, Jan 21, 2004.

1. eglwolf

eglwolf Well-Known Member

I worked for days trying to get 4Images to work right with imagemagick, and I ran across this on the net and it worked. I hope it helps:

Symptom: When configuring 4Images after installing via Fantastico, the following error is generated after the path to ImageMagick is set:

ImageMagick error. Wrong path or ImageMagick not installed.
    Check module settings.

Resolution:

1. Ensure that the path is correct. For this script, the convert program must be specified. Typically, either of the two options below will work:

/usr/local/bin/convert
    /use/bin/convert

2. If the path is set correctly, but the error persists, edit the image_utils.php file in the /includes directory under the installation of 4Images. Open the file in any text error and move to line 39, or search for the following lines:

if (!@is_executable($convert_options['convert_path'])) {
    $convert_options['convert_error'] = "".$lang['im_error']."
    \n".$lang['check_module_settings'];
    }
    break;

Insert comment tags around the if statement. The completed edit should look like this:

# if (!@is_executable($convert_options['convert_path'])) {
    # $convert_options['convert_error'] = "".$lang['im_error']."
    # \n".$lang['check_module_settings'];
    #}
    # break;

Save the file, and reupload it to the /includes directory. Return to the administrative settings panel in 4Images, recheck the path to ImageMagick, and resave the settings.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: Path Error Fix

2. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

While I don't particularly mind that you found our knowledgebase article useful, I would appreciate if you acknowledged the source.

3. eglwolf

Sorry, I meant to but did not remeber where I saw it. To bad with all the image magick question being posted you did not offer to help us out with your information.

4. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Too bad I don't visit this forum on anything remotely approaching a regular basis for precisely the reason you have so eloquently demonstrated. As it stands, the only reason I'm here is because someone notified me that you simply pasted, verbatim, our content in an open forum without properly acknowledging the source. A "sorry, forgot where I got it" doesn't cut it when you lift other peoples' content wholesale. To top that off with a rude suggestion that somehow you think you know how I spend my time (or should spend it) is pretty ungrateful, IMO.

5. eglwolf