The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fix stats after deleting logs in domlogs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff75, May 10, 2006.

1. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

I was running out of disk space last week and just ran rm * in /usr/local/apache/domlogs to wipe them out. Now AwStats are not working on any users files and I was wondering what I need to do to fix this. Here's the error that is coming up:

Error: LogFile parameter is not defined in config/domain file

Setup ('/home/LOGIN/tmp/awstats/awstats.domain.com.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
    Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

2. rootsupport

rootsupport Member

Is there any configuration details under awstats.domain.com.conf file for any of the domain ? If yes, do you see the LogFile, what is the path given over there ?

You can touch one of the domain in the domlogs, for ex.

touch /usr/local/apache/domlogs/domain.com
    chown root.groupname /usr/local/apache/domlogs/domain.com
    chmod 640 /usr/local/apache/domlogs/domain.com

After doing so execute /scripts/runweblogs username . Let us know the results what you get.

3. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

Did you also restart apache. If not all kinds of weird errors will happen. Deleting the logs is never a good idea to do manually. The system has all kinds of checks and balances to delete them at the right time and rebuild them correctly - not to mention losing the stats data form the last run until the time they were deleted

4. legalbrr

legalbrr Member

There is a discussion going on here:
    how to delete domlogs? - Web Hosting Talk

There's a explanation about what happens when you delete the files, and some kind of solution also (not fast, but solves the problem).

I'm still waiting for some smart answer with a magic command that fixed it all.