Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

[how-to fix] The remote server X unexpectedly terminated the connection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by foxboy, Oct 30, 2004.

1. foxboy

foxboy Well-Known Member

Hi,

I was having trouble with the copy multiple accounts function in WHM, everytime it came up with the same error:

The remote server XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX unexpectedly terminated the connection. (connection not allowed from this server?)

I started debugging with ethereal and found that there was nothing wrong with the connection. So i ssh'd to the target server, and typed:

ssh source.server.ip

I got something like: Connection not permitted (i don't exactly remember :P)

I searched on the internet and found out that it had to do with the reverse dns settings that were not right. Here's how to fix it:

Logon to the source server
    edit /etc/hosts and put in a line like
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx target.hostname.com target

offcourse you need to replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with the target ip and target.hostname.com and target to the right values.

I hope anybody gets help from this because i spend 2 hours on finding out why it didn't work.

2. thenetbox

thenetbox Member

Thank you soooo much.

This fixed it :)