How to forward the emails that end up in default system (catch all) inbox?

Operating System & Version
CentOS 7.9
cPanel & WHM Version

CrazySerb

Apr 1, 2015
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
How can this be done (forward the emails that end up in default system (catch all) inbox), in WHM or in config files somehow for a given domain?

As I want the catch-all emails that get caught in that default system inbox to be forwarded to a specific / separate inbox.

CrazySerb

Apr 1, 2015
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! There is a setting to do that inside cPanel. In cPanel >> Default Address you can specify that the messages get sent to a different address under the "Forward to email address" option.
I see that setting, but it says it's for "unrouted email" only... would that work for email sent to the [email protected] (default system inbox) by the system itself, like bounces/non-delivery reports and such?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
No, that would only work for unrouted messages like you mention. In general, I don't recommend using the actual "[email protected]" address for real work, since it is a "special" account on the system.

If you wanted to set up something that handled those messages, I would look at the forwarders or filters options to re-route the messages to the desired location.