How to free up disk space

EmpireUser

Registered
Jan 3, 2020
Feltham Middlesex
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,
A developer who has now gone AWOL created our website and email using a VPS server via 123-reg. I keep getting the following error but my quota seems fine (RAM 3gb and HDD 80gb):

(XID 4qa57e) The system failed to write to the file “/home/empr/.cpanel/email_accounts.json.lock-255f080cbcc95-89b790cf-e7” because of an error: No space left on device at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Email/Accounts.pm line 147.

Are there any instructions available on how to clear up disk space?
Any help with this matter would be much appreciated as we currently have no access to our emails.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,
A developer who has now gone AWOL created our website and email using a VPS server via 123-reg. I keep getting the following error but my quota seems fine (RAM 3gb and HDD 80gb):

(XID 4qa57e) The system failed to write to the file “/home/empr/.cpanel/email_accounts.json.lock-255f080cbcc95-89b790cf-e7” because of an error: No space left on device at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Email/Accounts.pm line 147.
The error message suggests that account empr is out of disk space. You should modify the package that is assigned to that account and increase allowed disk space.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It's really up to you to decide what is best for the system. If you can't remove any data from the system or the account, you would need to see if your hosting provider is able to expand your current drive. It would definitely be easier and cheaper to delete some data from the account on the system, but only you and the user would know what can be removed while still keeping things working properly.

EmpireUser

Registered
Jan 3, 2020
Feltham Middlesex
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have bought addtional RAM and HDD space from my provider but its still made no difference. I have reviewed File Manager and deleted some log files too. However I still get this error: (XID idhere) The system failed to write 878 bytes to a file handle because of an error: No space left on device at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/API/StatsBar.pm line 53.

Is there anyone on this site that can provide some independent support with our VPS server, to clean up disk space and fix our website???? Please inbox me.

Last edited by a moderator:

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have bought addtional RAM and HDD space from my provider but its still made no difference. I have reviewed File Manager and deleted some log files too. However I still get this error: (XID idhere) The system failed to write 878 bytes to a file handle because of an error: No space left on device at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/API/StatsBar.pm line 53.

Is there anyone on this site that can provide some independent support with our VPS server, to clean up disk space and fix our website???? Please inbox me.
As I suggested earlier you should give more disk space to the cPanel account where that error occurs.
In you 1st message you wrote:
Code:
The system failed to write to the file “/home/empr/.cpanel/email_accounts.json.lock-255f080cbcc95-89b790cf-e7” ...
That means that there is no disk space left in account empr.