Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

How To Generate A Valid Ssl Ca Certificate ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bsasninja, Nov 19, 2004.

1. bsasninja

bsasninja Well-Known Member

Is there a way to generate a Valid SSL CERTIFICATE to avoid the ssl internet explorer warning messages??

I setup a ssl domain on my server with WHM and there is a section to put the optional CA bundle file... ok.

How I generate a valid CABUNDLE file for avoiding the warning messages of trusted certificate? with openssl in comand line can i do this?

Thanks

Diego

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    yes you have to buy one

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

You don't GENERATE CA Bundle files... a CA is a Certificate Authority... they're the ones who issue signed and trusted certificates.

But yes... you can generate a CSR (Cert Signing Request) with WHM and then send that to a CA that you pay to sign your certificate, and then install the signed cert that they send you back.