Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get a complete email list

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Sarabanda, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Sarabanda

Sarabanda Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello

I need a complete list of email used by my users . This list should include
    pop , forwarders, and also an email like this mailing-owner@domain.com .

I have seen that
    cpapi2 --user=username Email listforwards
    list all email forwards of an user .

and
    cpapi2 --user=username Email listlists

list all email used by mailman.

But how to list all various email like this (used by mailman) using cpapi2 from console ?

Code:
    mailing-admin@domain.com: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman admin mailing_domain.com"
    mailing-bounces@domain.com: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman bounces mailing_domain.com"
    mailing-confirm@domain.com: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman confirm mailing_domain.com"
    mailing-join@domain.com: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman join mailing_domain.com"
    mailing-leave@domain.com: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman leave mailing_domain.com"
    mailing-owner@domain.com: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman owner mailing_domain.com"
    mailing-request@domain.com: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman request mailing_domain.com"
    mailing-subscribe@domain.com: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe mailing_domain.com"
    mailing-unsubscribe@domain.com: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe mailing_domain.com"
    mailing@domain.com: "|/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/mail/mailman post mailing_domain.com"

BTW there is a fast way to get all email in a server , really ALL and of any type/kind ?

Thank you!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I don't believe it's possible to list those entries via an API command, but you can find them listed in the following file:

Code:
    /etc/valiases/$domain.tld
    Thank you.

3. Sarabanda

Sarabanda Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    indeed it's not possible, hoping to have this possibility in API3 :(;)

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I encourage you to open a feature request if you'd like to see an additional API function added:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

5. SactoBob

SactoBob Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Was searching for similar solution as well as I need to populate all my emails for a specific domain to an ldap server in order to outsource spam filtering. If you have shell/server access this works:

uapi --user=account_name Email list_pops | grep email | sed 's/email://'
    uapi --user=account_name Email list_forwarders | grep dest | sed '/html/d' | sed '/uri/d' | sed 's/dest://' | grep '@'

Replace "account_name" with the cPanel account you need to collect email addresses from. Those two commands will produce a list of all valid email accounts for the domain. The one exception is the email for the "Main Account" which is basically the account_name gets listed too (last one in the list_pops command), but it's listed without an "@" so the last "grep '@'" removes that too.

This produces a list of all email and forwarders for an account that can then be further processed as needed. For mailman stuff, doesn't it basically use all the same email formats for a particular list? If you can get a list of lists, you can from that infer the email aliases it creates. You can get your lists using:

uapi --user=account_name Email list_lists | grep 'list:' | sed 's/list://'

Again, assuming you have shell access.

#5 SactoBob, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    cPanelMichael likes this.
  6. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator