The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get AWSTATS to produce PDFs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mtindor, Jun 30, 2009.

1. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2004
    inside a catfish
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    On a previous Cpanel install that we had for years running on CentOS 3.9, AWStats would automatically allow the customer to download the statistics as a PDF file. We had htmldoc installed on the old server.

On the replacement server a customer brought it to our attention that AWStats does not present that option. I checked and saw that htmldoc was not installed so I installed htmldoc and its dependencies.

How do I now get AWStats to start displaying the option to download a PDF version of the stats?

Will awstats need to be recompiled? IF so, what is the procedure for recompiling Cpanel's distributed version of awstats to allow this?

If it's a simple matter of adding something to a global awstats config file, where is that file and what options would I have to add?

Any help would be appreciated. It worked on the old machine, but it doesn't work on the new one - I'm guessing because the new machine didn't have htmldoc installed when cpanel was initially installed.