how to get cpanel triggres external script when new account is created?

AL-Kateb

Feb 27, 2010
Hello everybody,

I'm changing my configuration from running php as mod_php to suphp

i found out that open_basedir tweak is not supported in suphp. and i searched for a solution for this issue and came to believe that as it's mentioned in easy apache documentation it can be done only manually.

so what i am doing is i added the suphp_configpath directive to point to dir where there's custom php.ini file.

and this looks like a solution to me. but it's not 1 account that i want to change they are hundreds.

i can write a script that changed vhosts containers in httpd.conf it's not a problem and this can copy the custom php.ini file and make the changes to it.

but i can't do this each and every time a new account is created! this is to exhaustive.

so what i am asking about here .. is it the right way to achieve my goal? "still make open_basedir directive effective under suphp"

and if yes then how do i get whm to trigger a script whenever new account is created. i will write this script so it does copy php.ini and change open_basedir to point to the user's home directory so basedir restriction be in effect.

or there's another way to do it?
thanks in advance

AL-Kateb

Feb 27, 2010
i should have noticed that cPanel will try to execute /scripts/postwwwacct if it exists

thanks anyway