How to hide some files in cpanel file manager?

Operating System & Version
Centos 7.7
cPanel & WHM Version

AHMNco

Feb 26, 2020
Denver, USA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi Everyone how is it possible to hide some files from showing in Cpanel file manager?
when adding dot at first the folder function will stop, I want to hide folder and still works fine, for security reason, i have some license in my website and my co-worker access Cpanel either, I don't want to he find my files, but without license, my website doesn't work well
so I want to hide some files and still works fine, only hide from the Cpanel File Manager!
thanks, this is hugely important for me

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
You can choose not to display hidden files (files with a "." in front of them)

But this is a readily available setting that can be changed from the filemanager settings. Otherwise there is not a use for hiding files in filemanager as the administrator of the account should be able to make any necessary changes to any files within an account.

AHMNco

Feb 26, 2020
Denver, USA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
When I add a dot "." at first of folders, they will stop function, I'm manager of my cPanel and it belongs to me, I have access for root via SSH or WHM, this is important for me, if it's possible to hide some files from user please tell me, also, I want to the folders already hidden works normally, thank you,
Hide some files and folders, but they works fine
thank you so much

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
You can't hide files that you need to be present for the user. If you need to ensure that they're not accessible you can restrict access to your cPanel and allow something like webdisk access to specific directories for others - Web Disk | cPanel & WHM Documentation

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
The sub-user would not be able to login to cPanel they would only be able to access the services you allowed for it. WebDisk and FTP. cPanel does not support multiple cPanel administrator users, therefore only one account is able to access the cPanel interface itself.

AHMNco

Feb 26, 2020
Denver, USA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
So technically I created an FTP account, it's not useful for me, I want to cPanel give access two accounts with different levels of administration for one account
or I hide some folders, we are in 2020 and still stuck in old technologies!!!!
my request isn't weird and I'm sure many people across the globe looking for this feature

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
This is actually THE most popular feature request we have currently. You can find it here: https://features.cpanel.net/topic/multiple-cpanel-logins-cpanel-subusers There has been recent discussion internally on this and there will be further information on this but I don't have anything I can tell you as of right now. I'd vote on that feature request and follow it to keep updated.