The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to improve DNS BIND 9.4 QPS on multicore processors

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by zaibu77, Jul 23, 2015.

1. zaibu77

zaibu77 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I have BIND 9.4 installed on my DNS servers but its QPS is capping at 10K. If QPS exceeds this value, DNS stops responding to the requests. I have 16 2 GHz multi Core machine and average CPU is around 6%. I use DNS as a recursive server and from what i can see from configuration file, max-cache is missing so it should be at default value and number of zones are also few. How can i increase QPS of the server? I cannot do any upgrade to BIND 9.10 due to some reason.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you notice any specific error messages in /var/log/messages when this happens? Please keep in mind that Bind is provided as a package from your OS as opposed to directly from cPanel. You can generally find more user-feedback to this type of question on forums such as StackOverflow, as the discussions here are mostly about the cPanel/WHM software itself.

Thank you.