The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to include php files from another user on same box

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by loccom, Sep 20, 2014.

1. loccom

loccom Member

HI

I have a VPS which only I access, no clients sites etc.

I have a centralised CMS system which i use to feed web pages on different sites. on these sites they have one php include which pulls in the script from the CMS account.

I have just moved to another VPS and I cannot remember for the life of me how I managed to set it up on the old vps so I can include these scripts.

I know it aint the most secure thing to do but I need to work this out first then work on a more secure solution.

Looking at my old server i am using suphp on php5 and all looks the same as the old server.

Can anyone help?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Using a path to files from another account is not recommended. Ideally, you should simply upload the same set of files to the accounts. Or, since you own all of the websites, you could setup the additional accounts as addon domain names instead of keeping them separate.

Assuming you accept the security risk, you may want to review the php.ini files on both systems to compare the differences. Or, check to see the specific error message that occurs when attempting to open the web page.

Thank you.

3. loccom

loccom Member

I have tried comparing, not sure which setting am looking for. Can someone point me to the setting i should look for please.